Sarah Kay did a TED talk. It's about poetry and life and the stories longing to jump from us. In the talk, Sara mentioned when she teaches poets, often her first assignment is to ask people to share ten things they know to be true.
It sounded easy and fun. So here we go:
1. I know my right now is not my forever, and I should not waste my time or energy wishing for a different set of circumstances.
2. I know cancer shows no favorites and even though it can take your hair, weight, and mind, it can't touch your soul. One of my favorite women (who impacted the lives of over 10,000 teens) is dying. Will you pray for her family?
3. I know if you cave and allow your family to get an "outside kitten" they will sneak it into the house, wrap it in a pink baby blanket, and push it around in a Melissa and Doug shopping cart.
4. I know the words "writer" and "perfectionist" aren't friends.
5. I know cheap shoes from Target make my heart beat.
6. I know watching the old school, Frosty the Snowman and the hilarious, United States of Tara prove to be a perfect way to spend a Friday night.
7. I know my friend, Krista, is right when she says people act the least lovable when they need love most.
8. I know Fantasy Football drafts are underway (Good-bye, Shane. I'll see you when you come up for air).
9. I know roasted cauliflower is delicious.
10. I know there's something to Proverbs 13:12.
What about you? What do you know to be true?
In case you want more inspiration from Sara Kay.