I realize I am behind in embracing Twitter.
In fact, someone even welcomed me to the 21st century and mentioned I might want to check out other cutting edge ideas like CDs and fleece jackets.
Yes, late to party as usual, but lean close, here’s a secret, I like it.
The girl who hates most forms of social media likes Twitter.
Top 7 reasons I’m crushing on Twitter, hard.
1. My time is limited. I don’t have time to wade through hefty blog posts to get updates on my faves, but with 140 characters, baby, I can stay in the loop. Would it be wrong to insist on Twitter relationships with people in my life who talk too much?
2. Because Rachel said this: "You have all these great connections for charity work and just seeing a tweet about bras reminds me I DO have some I thought about donating. Put out those opportunities, and let God put eyeballs in front of them".
3. I’m nosy. Not nosy as in I want to look up that mean girl from high school, but nosy as in I want more from favorite authors. Join Twitter, and get updates.
4. It is not hard to learn, at all, especially with great reads from Michael Hyatt and advice from smart friends.
5. You will look skinnier in a bathing suit. Tough to believe, but totally true. This involves a long story, but I now own a Michael Kors Bandeau Tankini to prove it.
6. Resources. Seriously, I’ve been on Twitter for five days, and you should see the resource list of cool organizations I am building.
7. I hate directing you elsewhere. I write for other places, but I don't always like linking articles or guest posts from my blog. Random, but it sort-of feels like, "Oh, hey, glad you stopped by, but would you please leave, and visit me here or here?". With Twitter, I can just toss out a tweet and not have to write a post.
Anyway, that’s it, my pitch on why you should embrace that little bird.