Are you overwhelmed by the needs of the world? Read on, and discover practical ways to get involved.
2. Attend a talk on an issue facing the world, and walk away a little smarter.
3. Investigate Kiva. Loaning $25.00 can change someone's life.
4. Sponsor a child through Compassion, World Vision, or Feed the Hungry. Then, don't just send a monthly check, write to your new friend.
5. Read a book that encourages deep thought and fast action. Have you read Enough by Roger Thurow? Big ideas on world hunger.
7. Learn facts about water, and then decide to have your family act, even in a small way.
8. Watch a documentary about life in another part of the world. My friend says this is a must.
9. Start a change jar, and let your child pick a global cause.
10. Support bloggers for birth kits and help give moms the supplies they need to deliver babies.
How do you teach your kids about the world around them? Books? Movies? Talks? Travel? News? Tell me. Tell me.